Handsome Floydian Slips & Tips
Over the past 25 years of being in the industry I have had many great Handsome Floydian Slips & Tips come into my mind or passed on by our fun clients.
Please enjoy and if you have a favorite Slip or Tip that you think the entire world wide web needs to know, please email me at email@example.com or just let us know during your next visit.
- The only way to become a success is to love what you do or do what you love.
- Hairdresser: One who marries the fine art of hair with the business of the fine art of hair.
- You can always lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.
- A harirdresser never meets a problem that some combination of time, money, talent or luck can’t solve.
- A good hairdresser always flies above board and below the radar.
- It’s better to look good than feel good.
- A hairdresser strives to live the red carpet life, even if they have to roll it out for themselves but a good hairdresser gets all his friends to do it for him.
- A good hairdresser solves any know problem… A great hairdresser solves problems no one ever knows.
- There’s the hard way, the easy way, the old way, the new way, the conservative way, and the avant-garde way, but ultimately at the end of the day, if you are the hairdresser, there’s only your way.
- A waiting customer asked how long it would be for a cut and the barber responded with “Like the monkey said when he got his tail caught in the lawn mower, “it won’t be long now”.
- Hairdresser fashion, when in doubt, wear black.
- When it comes to working with the ex’s family, there’s no such a thing as too close for conflict or too far for comfort.
- There are 3 types of hairdressers in the world, the ones who make things happen, the ones who watch things happen, and the ones who didn’t know what happened.
- There’s no such thing as “out of town” unless you are trekking the Himalayas without a cell phone or scuba diving in Seychelles. Even the space station has a phone.
- Don’t ask anyone else to remind you of something to do on your list and then blame them when you both forget
- If God intended us to fly, he would have given us all airplane tickets.
- A dummy with a good question is far worth more the ten geniuses with bad answers
- It takes at least 4 years of college to know some people don’t need 4 years of college.
- When working in a female dominated environment, it is useful to wear a moon phase watch.
- In the hairdressing business, how finish is more important than how you started
- Any time a hairdresser says, this will only take a minute or two, they mean at least a minute or two or three or four….
- Don’t complain, you could find yourself out on a street corner with a cardboard sign that says, “Will cut hair for food”
- It is not always best to be right, but you won’t go wrong being best.
- Barbering is not a job; it’s a 25/8 lifestyle.
- Half-baked concepts baked half way, yield rotten potatoes.
- Television is just the latest source of light we gather around since early man told stories around campfires.
- When the going get tough, the tough go on vacation.
- If you 40 or above and not doing everything you ever wanted in your life, better start now.
- At the end of your days, you will never regret what you did in life, only what you didn’t do.
- Never mix the business of pleasure with the pleasure of doing business.
- Knowledge is power, if you don’t keep up with your trade; you are blind to your business.
- Happiness isn’t over-rated, it’s over priced.
- When writing or speaking, the spaces between the words can say just as much and even more.
- Insult someone and they will never forget, but when you think of insulting someone, they will never remember.
- Do celebrities keep pictures of famous barbers on their walls?
- Success is great but only if you can afford it.
- Enjoy the downtime.
- Better to rent a Ferrari for a week, a yacht for two weeks, a helicopter for three weeks, a jet for four weeks, a villa in France for five weeks than own all of them for a year.
- Everyone comes with baggage; it’s just a matter of finding someone with matching luggage.
- Good milk can turn spoiled, but you never see spoiled milk turn good.
- A second hand report is never as good as a first hand inspection.
- In any conflict, there are always two sides to a story and then there’s the truth.
- If invited, show up.
- Sleep is cheap; it’s the only thing you can get more of without getting a bill.
- Life is short and so am I.
- If someone intimidates you, picture him or her with a load in their pants.
- Act brave and you will be brave.
- Quick decisions lead to slow solutions.
- It’s not who you are in life, it’s who you look like.
- At the end of the day, it’s not the money, not the material objects, it’s about the stories you collect along the way.
- If you aren’t willing to work on Saturdays, don’t even think of coming in on Sunday.
- Squeaky wheels get oiled, squeaky employees get axed.
- Gossip and greed is the cancer of production.
- Better to die enriched than rich.
- By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong.
- Always hire teenagers for your business, because they know everything.
- Always hire family members, because if they steal, the money stays in the family.
- Better to lead by pulling people to follow than pushing them to lead.